EUROPE’S LEADING DISTRIBUTOR OF CANOPY HARDTOPS, LOAD BED COVERS AND 4X4 ACCESSORIES & TYRES FOR 4X4'S AND PICKUP TRUCKS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 4x4at.com (4x4 Accessories & Tyres Ltd) herein after is referred to as 4x4.
- Prices are exclusive of delivery (if less than £150.00 + VAT) charges and VAT
- Free delivery on most orders with a minimum value of £150.00 + VAT. Applies to UK mainland only & excludes offshore and some items containing glass including truck top canopies and also load bed liners.
- All goods remain the property of 4x4 until paid in full
- 4x4 reserve the right to change prices and specifications on products without prior notification
- Orders will not be despatched until payment has been received in full. Cheques may be cleared before constituting payment unless otherwise agreed in writing before an order is placed - Account customers only.
- If goods are damaged in transit this must be recorded in writing at the time of receipt. We cannot accept responsibility for damaged goods if the carrier’s proof of delivery has been signed for as received for in good condition. Please check carefully.
- If goods are found to be incomplete - this must be reported in writing within 7 days of receipt or collection of goods.
RETURNS / CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS
- Money back guarantee: For mail order goods returned/cancelled within 7 days (one week) of receipt of order – Subject to notes 8/910/11. Your statutory rights under The Sale of Goods Act 1979 are not affected. Excludes ‘special ordered’ goods (i.e. a colour matched product, painted to your vehicles colour or where wheels and tyres are mounted in size/style/tread pattern etc. to suit your vehicle). The purchaser is responsible for ensuring return of goods and resulting expenses.
- All returns must be received in good condition at our distribution centre. Goods will not be accepted if they are damaged, scratched or not returned in protective packaging.
- Goods will not be accepted by 4x4 if they have been fitted or altered in any way.
- All delivery costs and insurance for goods when sending returns back to our distribution centre must be paid for by the customer unless making a prior agreement in writing with 4x4.
- Returns must be adequately wrapped and at least as well protected as it was sent by us originally. Items inadequately protected/wrapped will not be accepted for return, or a charge may be made to rectify.
- a. Goods painted by 4x4 will be to a satisfactory standard. Our painter/s are time served trained technicians that have been insurance company approved. The standard is set by our guidelines. Our aim is to provide excellent value for money for our painting service. No painted product will ever be 100% without the most minor of tiny blemish or inclusion under the closest of scrutiny. Our guidelines allow for a maximum of three inclusions for an area 20 cm x 20 cm on an 'A' surface, and no more than three such areas within a 100 cm x 100 cm area. Our painted goods are fitted to commercial vehicles in the main, we are not charging £600-£700 for our painting service nor are the items painted fitted to the most expensive exotic luxury cars. You must be realistic in your expectations. Please bear in mind a 'good' quality finish will be delivered for the low cost charged. Vehicle colour shades do vary, any given colour can have several slight differentials in the paint mix (tints used) from the vehicles painter when new. These are outside our control and shades do vary. We will always mix paint to a standard colour. Any slight colour shade variations are therefore not unusual and can be expected on occasions. Painted goods are special ordered items and are therefore not covered by distance selling regs (see section 7 above). If you are looking for a 100% inclusion free painted product, finished to 100% perfection please buy the product un-painted and have painted by others.
- After a 7-day (one week) grace period we are not obliged to accept goods back for credit or refund which have been ordered correctly or incorrectly. But we may do so, at our discretion but these may incur a restocking charge, any refund made will also be less the original carriage cost incurred by 4x4. Your statutory rights under The Sale of Goods Act 1979 are not affected. (The 7-day grace period applies to mail order only i.e. none face to face transactions).
- Refunds are payable in cash, cheque or credit card at the discretion of 4x4.
- Deposits will be held on behalf of customers for special orders and these are non-refundable in the case of cancellations of the order. The value of the deposit will be fixed at the time of order. (i.e. painted products)
- If parts are found to be defective due to excessive use or normal wear and tear within the warranty period we will repair or replace the parts at our discretion.
- It is the customers responsibility to remove and replace faulty parts from a vehicle and return them to our Distribution Centre.
- 4x4 cannot be held responsible for accidents or damage resulting where a customer has fitted wheels or other products supplied by us. This includes the cross threading of wheel studs.
- Any manufacturer’s warranty issued in the USA or other countries other than the UK for products sold by 4x4 are null and void.
- Due to the nature of the UK climate we cannot be held responsible for any rusting and corrosion of chrome plated products or polished alloy finishes, therefore there is no warranty on these items. The customer will be held responsible for cleaning and maintaining the surface of them. These chrome products are recommended for summer use only. Your statutory rights under The Sale of Goods Act 1979 are not affected.
- 4x4 wheels are warranted for a period of one year against defective materials and workmanship. This warranty does not cover the following: Damaged alloy, chrome or lacquered surfaces due to:
- Normal on road or off-road wear and tear, including stone chips etc
- The nature of the UK climate and the use of salt grit on our roads which is corrosive to these surfaces (we recommend these items for summer use only)
- Use of abrasive or chemical cleaners Your statutory rights under The Sale of Goods Act 1979 are not affected.
- Wheels should be cleaned using a mild soap and water solution. Chemical or abrasive cleaners and detergents should not be used on 4x4 wheels.
- Chrome centre caps are not covered under warranty as expressed in section 19. Polished alloy wheel finishes are not covered under warranty as expressed in section 19.
- When fitting wheels or tyres it is your responsibility to check that the wheels rotate freely by hand and do not catch the bodywork, brakes and chassis etc. before driving. Failure to follow this procedure could be dangerous and cause injury or death. Be safe and check that the wheels are mounted correctly on vehicle. Nuts should be re-torqued after 25 miles and before 50 miles. Check periodically with tyre pressures.
- Before fitting nudge bars to vehicles please check that they will not affect operation of airbags with vehicle dealer. You are also reminded to check the law regarding fitting of bull bars/nudge bars in the country of use. Certain countries only permit bars that carry EU approval certification.
- 4x4 will not pass on, give, or publish any customer details of any nature which are held by us, unless legally obliged to do so.
Retention Of Title
Not Withstanding Delivery and Passing Of Risk In The Goods The Property In The Goods Shall Not Pass To You Until 4x4 Has Received In Full The Prices Of The Goods And All Other Goods Agreed To Be Sold By 4x4 To You For Which Payment Is Due.
Until Such Time as The Property In The Goods Passes To You, You Shall Hold The Goods As 4x4's Fiduciary Agent And Bailee And Shall Keep The Goods Separate From Those Of The Buyer And Third Parties And Properly Stores Protected Insured And Identified As 4x4’s Property.
Until Such Time as The Property In The Goods Passes To You (And Provided The Goods Are Still In Existence And Have Not Been Resold) 4x4 Shall Be Entitled At Any Time To Require You To Deliver Up The Goods To 4x4, And If You Fail To Do So Immediately On Request To Enter Upon Your Premises Or Any Third Party Premises Where The Goods Are Stored And Repossess The Goods.