EUROPE’S LEADING DISTRIBUTOR OF CANOPY HARDTOPS, LOAD BED COVERS AND 4X4 ACCESSORIES & TYRES FOR 4X4'S AND PICKUP TRUCKS
TERMS and CONDITIONS
- 4x4at.com (4x4 Accessories & Tyres Ltd) is referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “4x4”.
- The customer is variously referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “customer”, “Consumer”, “you”. These terms are used interchangeably.
- “Goods” in these Terms and Conditions refers to all products on 4x4’s website.
- Prices quoted for Goods are exclusive of delivery charges, customs duties and VAT (if less than £150.00 + VAT).
- There is free delivery on Goods within the UK mainland only on most orders with a minimum value of £150.00 + VAT. Free delivery does not apply to non-UK mainland destinations. Free delivery does not apply to items containing glass, truck top canopies and load bed liners.
- Non-UK customers will no longer be charged UK VAT on the goods ordered from 4x4 from 1 January 2021. However, they will be charged VAT at their local country rate together with customs duties when the good enter the receiving country. These taxes are payable by the customer prior to collection of the goods.
- All Goods remain the property of 4x4 until paid for in full; this includes the payment of customs duties and local VAT in the case of non-UK customers.
- 4x4 reserve the right to change prices and specifications on products without prior notification.
- Goods will not be despatched until payment has been received in full. Cheques must be cleared before they constitute payment unless otherwise agreed in writing before an order is placed.
- By placing an order with 4x4 the customer accepts that they are fully aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- If Goods are damaged in transit this must be recorded in writing at the time of receipt. 4x4 will not accept responsibility for damaged Goods if the carrier’s proof of delivery has been signed for as “received in good condition”. Please check Goods immediately at the time of delivery/receipt to ensure they are in good condition. Do not sign and do not let the carrier sign that Goods have been “received in good condition” unless they have been fully checked. Signing for Goods as ‘unchecked’ or ‘not checked’ is not acceptable.
- If Goods are found to be incomplete - this must be reported in writing to 4x4 within 3 days of receipt or collection of goods.
RETURNS and CANCELLATIONS
- If you buy as a consumer as defined in the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, then you have the statutory right to cancel your order subject to clauses 11 and 12 below:
- If Goods have been ordered but not received, you can cancel your order without reason within 14 days of your order and 4x4 will return any money paid.
- If Goods have been ordered and received, you can cancel your order at any time within 14 days of receiving the Goods. You must tell 4x4 that you wish to cancel and also send the Goods back to 4x4 within the same 14-day period.
- 4x4 reserves the right to levy a reasonable re-stocking charge to cover its costs in inspecting returned Goods, repackaging them for subsequent resale and returning them into its warehouses.
- The option to return Goods or cancel an order is not available where the order includes ‘special order’ Goods (i.e. a colour matched product, painted to your vehicle’s colour or where wheels and/or tyres are fitted in a size/style/tread pattern to suit your vehicle).
- You will not be able to cancel an order or return Goods if the Goods have been fitted or altered in any way.
- Refunds, where payable, will be made by the same method by which the consumer originally made payment to 4x4. All returns must clearly state the name of the person returning the Goods so that the details can be checked to the original order and the refund correctly made.
- All delivery, packaging and insurance costs incurred when sending returns back to our distribution centre must be paid for by the consumer unless a prior agreement has been made in writing with 4x4. 4x4 is under no obligation to refund the cost of returning the Goods to 4x4. Where the consumer is responsible for the costs of returning the Goods but 4x4 agrees to collect the Goods, 4x4 will charge you the cost it incurs for the collection.
- All returns must be received in good condition at our distribution centre. Goods will not be accepted if they are damaged, scratched or not returned in the appropriate protective packaging. Returns must be properly wrapped and protected to give at least the same level of protection as when despatched by 4x4 originally. Items inadequately protected/wrapped will not be accepted for return, alternatively a charge may be made to rectify any damage and any refund of the original purchase price will be reduced accordingly.
- Your statutory rights under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 are not affected.
- The majority of painted Goods supplied by 4x4 are painted by the product manufacturers. 4x4 operates a small paint-shop in which it employs ‘time served’ trained technicians who are insurance company approved. The standard of painting undertaken by 4x4 is good and 4x4 aims to provide a ‘value for money’ painting service. In ordering painted product from the 4x4 paint shop, customers accept that:
- No painted product will ever be without minor blemish or inclusion. 4x4 guidelines allow for a maximum of three inclusions in an area 20 cm x 20 cm on an 'A' surface, and no more than three such areas within a 100 cm x 100 cm area.
- 4x4 painted Goods are fitted to commercial vehicles primarily, not to luxury cars. Vehicle colour shades do vary and any given colour can have several slight differentials compared to the paint used when the vehicle was new. These are outside the control of 4x4. 4x4 will always mix paint to a standard colour. Any slight colour shade variations are therefore not unusual and should be expected on occasions.
- Painted Goods are ‘special order’ items and are therefore excluded from the 4x4 Returns and Cancellations policy (see section 10). If you require a 100% inclusion free painted product, finished to 100% perfection please buy the product from 4x4 un-painted and then have it painted by a company of your choice.
- Deposits will be held on behalf of customers for ‘special orders’ and these are non-refundable in the case of cancellations of the order. The value of the deposit will be fixed at the time of order. (Special orders include but are not limited to, any painted products from the “4x4” paint-shop, products specifically ordered from 4x4’s suppliers for a customer and any products fitted to a vehicle by 4x4).
- The majority of the Goods sold by 4x4 are supplied with the benefit of a warranty given by the Goods’ manufacturers. If the Goods become faulty during the warranty period for reasons unconnected with your acts, omissions or misuse of the Goods then:
- We will repair or replace the parts at our discretion.
- You must afford 4x4 a reasonable opportunity to investigate any warranty claim.
- It is the customers responsibility to remove and replace any faulty/warranty parts from their vehicle and to return them to 4x4’s distribution centre at their cost.
- The above warranty is given by 4x4 subject to it having no liability in respect of any defect arising from wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, modification(s), tampering of the Goods, incorrect fitting of the Goods by you and/or a third party, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow our and/or the Goods’ manufacturers’ instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without our approval or for Goods fitted to any vehicle that is modified contrary to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications and/or (default) factory settings.
- Wheels supplied by 4x4 are warranted for a period of one year against defective materials and workmanship. This warranty does not cover damaged alloy, chrome or lacquered surfaces due to:
- Normal on road or off-road wear and tear, including stone chips etc.
- The use of salt grit on roads which is corrosive to these surfaces.
- Use of abrasive or chemical cleaners.
- Chrome centre caps are not covered under warranty due to the use of salt grit on roads.
- When fitting wheels or tyres supplied by 4x4,it is the customers responsibility to check that the wheels rotate freely and do not catch the bodywork, brakes or chassis etc, before driving the vehicle. Failure to follow this procedure could be dangerous and cause injury or death. Wheel nuts should be re-torqued after 25 miles and before 50 miles. It is the customers responsibility to periodically check tyre pressures and to ensure that the tyres are inflated in accordance with the vehicle manufacturers instructions.
VEHICLE SAFETY EQUIPMENT and SYSTEMS
- Before fitting any 4x4 product to a vehicle, the customer is responsible for ensuring that they will not affect the operation of airbags or any other vehicle safety equipment or vehicle safety system. Customers are also reminded to check the law regarding fitting of bull bars/nudge bars in the country of use. Certain countries only permit bars that carry EU approval certification.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from any contract between 4x4 and the customer.
- 4x4 makes no representation or warranty for any implied warranty or condition as to the merchantability or fitness of Goods it supplies for a particular purpose.
- 4x4 makes no representation or warranty for the adequacy or appropriateness of the Goods for the purpose(s) for which the customer requires them.
- 4x4 disclaims any obligation or liability to you arising directly or indirectly from information taken from the 4x4 website.
- 4x4 is not liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of income or revenue, loss or corruption of or damage to data, waste of management or office time or depletion of goodwill – however caused and whether occurring directly or indirectly.
- 4x4 is not liable to you for any consequential, special or punitive loss; neither is it liable to you for any damage, costs or expenses.
- Other than for any matter which it would be illegal for 4x4 to exclude or attempt to exclude, 4x4’s liability to a customer under or connected with these terms will not exceed the price paid for the Goods, for any one event or series of connected events.
- 4x4 will not pass on, give, or publish any customer details of any nature which are held by us, unless legally obliged to do so.
Risk and TITLE
- Risk in the Goods will pass to the customer upon delivery of the Goods.
- Title (ownership) in the Goods remains with 4x4 and will not pass to the customer until the amount due under the invoice for them or any other outstanding invoice from 4x4 to the customer (including any interest and costs) has been paid in full.
- Until such time as title (ownership) in the Goods passes to you (and provided that the Goods are still in existence and have not been resold), 4x4 shall be entitled at any time to require you to deliver up the goods to 4x4 and, where you fail to do so immediately on request, to enter your premises or any third party premises where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.