We now have a job vacancy for an experienced Accounts Assistant/Book-Keeper to join our Finance Department here at 4×4 Accessories & Tyres. We’re a fast-paced, European-leading business with over 25 years of expertise in the 4×4 accessory market and are based in Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for all purchase ledger and sales ledger operations. Interested candidates must be confident, self-motivated and professional in approach with an eye for detail.
- Primarily responsible for purchase ledger function;
- Coding and inputting of invoices and credits and obtaining appropriate authorisation,
- Supplier statement reconciliations,
- Generation of supplier payment runs and sending of remittance advice,
- Multi-currency payment entry onto bank and allocation to supplier accounts,
- General upkeep of Purchase ledger and resolution of any queries.
- Sales ledger;
- Credit control / debt collection – proactive approach to debtors with monitoring and chasing of aged debt over the telephone,
- Bank receipt allocation, banking of incoming cheques and cash allocation,
- Assisting with customer queries and passing to relevant department as and where necessary,
- Maintain and update customer information,
- Credit limit review,
- Monthly statement distribution,
- Generating any customer credit notes.
- Entry of Ford invoices onto a bespoke Ford Central Billing system and reconciliation of the account to ensure all invoices are entered on to the system. Reconciliation and allocation of monthly Ford receipts onto ledger.
- Control and reconciliation of Nissan and SsangYong accounts along with other key supplier invoicing arrangements.
- Other accounting duties as and when necessary.
- Passion for accounts with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Must have a logical mind / working process.
- Must be “questioning”.
- Be a strong, cooperative and outgoing member of the “A” team.
- Must be self-motivated and organised to be able to complete the job tasks and manage them simultaneously.
- Polite and confident telephone manner, ideally experienced, in chasing aged debt.
This is an exceptional job opportunity for a talented and dynamic Accounts Assistant / Book-Keeper looking to join a successful organisation.
If you think that this may be something that you are interested in then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
UPDATE: This job vacancy is now closed, however you can go to our current job vacancies page for the latest information on what roles we are recruiting for. Or feel free to send a speculative covering letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.